SEA&SEA 06190 MDX-R Housing for Canon EOS R
Designed to be compact and lightweight. Taking advantages of the mirrorless camera’s compact design and light weight, the housings has been designed accordingly to enhance these features. Compared to SLR MDX-5D Mark lV camera housing, the MDX-R is 100g/3.5oz lighter in weight on land.
The MDX-R is compatible with the system chart for the MDX series SLR housings. You can utilize EF mount lenses with the mount adapter and ports/gears for the MDX series housings.
View Port System Chart
The new optional Optical YS Converter C/R which converts the camera’s hot-shoe TTL signal into an LED light signal is available. With the converter, both TTL and manual exposure photography is possible.
The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as Optical Viewfinder 0.66x,and 0.8x can be used. Some vignetting occurs. When the VF45 and VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the corners of the camera’s viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scratch.
- 342 x 174 x 159 mm / 13.5 x 6.9 x 6.3 inches
- 2,900g (102oz) – Housing only
- 100m (330ft)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
- Grip: Corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy