SEA&SEA 06187 MDX-D850 Housing for Nikon D850 with Leak Sensor
With its streamlined design, the housing weighs only 2.9kg and is close in size to the camera itself. The housing provides access to a wide range of camera functions via mechanical levers, dials, and push-button controls.
Frequently used controls such as the main command dial and the sub-command dial for manual photography, as well as video controls and AF lock, can be reached and operated while keeping both hands on the ergonomic grips. All dials are equipped with spring dampers to ensure secure, non-slip operation. Moreover, a built-in leak sensor alerts you immediately in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts a series of interchangeable ports from Sea & Sea. For compatibility details, see the Port Chart. Various ports are available to accommodate macro, wide-angle, and zoom lenses.
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.8x can be used.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only). Accessory port enables use of Leak Sentinel (vacuum sensor).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the centre underside of the housing.