Intova Wide Angle Correction Dome
The Intova Wide Angle Correction Dome (also known as “Air Lens”) is designed for waterproof housings with a 46mm thread mount.
What is “Air Lens”?
Air Lens is an optical system which uses air as an optical element. A pocket of air acts like an optical element to the performance refraction of light. The Air Lens only works when it is submerged into water or a fluid that has a higher refractive index than air.
General Use Notes:
– IAL provides you with wide angle underwater photography with your underwater housing (with camera). This lens is able to attach and detach underwater.
– It is recommended to use an external strobe or video light with the Intova Air Lens (IAL). The built-in flash is blocked by the lens and causes a partially underexposed image.
– When an external strobe is in use, keep the flash beam outside the field of view of the lens. This prevents the direct flash light entering into the lens which causes a ghosting image.
– The lens itself is in slightly negative buoyancy. For security reasons, attach the lens secure lanyard between the camera housing and the lens before diving.
– Ensure that the lens is not impacted with large shocks or vibrations, and don’t attempt to disassemble it. These will lead to damage or flooding into the lens. During transportation, it is best to put it in the carry pouch for protection.
– Ensure that the lens stay out of extreme high temperatures, for example inside a close car compartment, or under direct sunlight. This could result in damage to the O-ring which can lead to flooding.
– Do not clean the product with organic solvent or other chemicals. It may damage the front plastic dome lens.
– Never look at the sun through the lens.
– Lens Type: Air Lens
– Lens Construction: 2 groups, 2 elements
– Depth Rating: 50m / 160ft
– Recovery field of view (magnification): 100% (0.75x)
– Mounting: M46 Thread Mount
– Lens Coating: Hard Coating on Plastic Element
– Lens Barrel / Lens Hood: Polycarbonate / ABS
– Weight (on land): 176g
– Dimensions (approx.): diameter 105mm x depth 43mm