Ikelite 71009 NIKON D810 HOUSING 200DL
Camera, lens and ports are NOT included
The Nikon D810 is a 36MP Full Frame Senor camera with 1080/60p movie recording. This top end SLR will make a great underwater camera for the professional or an enthusiast looking for high quality printed images.
Featuring the new Dry Lock (DL) port system with a dive back rated to 60m (200′). Vacuum valve included. TTL circuitry sold separately.
This housing includes a balanced aluminium tray with Ikelite’s signature quick release handles for easy attachment and removal of external lights. An aluminium ¼-20 threaded top mount provides an easy option to attach other lightweight accessories, like GoPro style cameras or focus lights.
A variety of dome and flat ports attach to the housing with four locking clips for security and quick port changes between dives. Lens Port and lens NOT included with the housing, please use the Ikelite Lens Port Finder or contact us to find the best lens port for your camera & lens.
- 60m (200′) front and back; Back is interchangeable with optional lightweight 50′ back sold separately
- Supremely functional for maximum creative control—access is provided for all important camera functions
- The NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port System gives added security at the surface of the water and accommodates large diameter lenses
- Extra-large, soft touch zoom knob; Zoom is accessible for many lenses using our unique universal zoom gear system
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Control symbols are laser etched into the back and will never fade or rub off
- Quick install camera mount plate does not need to be removed for battery or memory card access
- One spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port locations on the front of the housing for the addition of optional accessories
- Includes a balanced aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle; Right-hand handle sold separately
- Signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel
- ABS-PC and Lexan construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 1 year limited warranty
Over-sized knobs have been used for ease of access and use to engage the unique system of universal zoom gears. Two sets of gears are included with each housing, one for use with the most popular larger diameter zoom lenses and a second designed for use with the smaller diameter zoom lenses. Both set are easy to install and to adjust to get the best fit for each lens, without any modification to the lens.
- Shutter-release button
- Power switch
- Movie-record button
- Sub-command dial
- Exposure compensation (+/-) button
- ISO button
- MODE button
- WB button
- Metering button
- BKT button
- Lens release button
- AF-ON button
- Main command dial
- Multi selector
- Info button
- Live view selector
- Lv button
- info button
- Playback button
- Trash button
- MENU button
- Key/? button
- Magnify + button
- Magnify – button
- OK button
- Fn2 button
This housing is only compatible with the Nikon D810 as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models from being used in this housing. We are not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
A strobe is one of the best additions to your underwater camera system. A strobe will add colour and life your images. If you’re on a budget you may be able to get away with one strobe, which can be used to light up subjects in the foreground or for macro photography. However the best results will come from using two strobes, this will give the best even lighting solution for both wide angle and close up shots.
SEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobes
Older non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fibre optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by electrical sync cord.
Strobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter Product number 4403 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
- Underwater Housing
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.5
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube # 0184.1
- 60m (200′) depth rating
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5″ spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 2.3 kg (5.1 lb) not including tray + handles
- Dimensions 234 x 180 x 168 mm (9.2 x 7.1 x 6.6″) including projections
The great thing with Ikelite is that they offer spare parts for almost every part of their housings and they’re available for many years after the housing has been discontinued.
Most popular spare parts for this housing;
5512.69 Spare o-ring set with lubricant
0132.61 Main o-ring
0105 Port o-ring
9104.5 Waterproof bulkhead cap
0200.91 Housing body cap
0184.2 Silicone lubricant resealable 2cc tub